Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Mountain Getaway




Jason and I had a wonderul weekend away in the mountains this past weekend. We went up to Glenwood Springs and stayed there for a couple of days. Glenwood Springs is home to the largest natural hot spring. The main pool is the length of a football field! One pool is around 90 degrees while the other pool is around 104 degrees. They also have a very small pool that is 122 degrees! We spent our first day there shopping in the downtown and relaxing in the pool. On our second day, we went walking on a beautiful trail along the Colorado River, got a couple's massage, and relaxed in the pool again!
On Sunday morning, we got up and drove to Aspen which is about an hour south of Glenwood Springs. I think Aspen is probably my favorite mountain town, it is very charming and beautiful! We got to visit the Maroon Bells, which is one of the most photographed spots in CO. It is where several mountain peaks meet and there is a lake underneath...it was breathtaking! Jason and I would love to have a mountain house in Aspen one day...however, a little shack in the downtown was going for 5 million so I think it may be awhile before we can get one!!!

No comments: