Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Evelyn Lucille

Evelyn Lucille Gwizdala joined our family at 11:44 pm on April 26th. She was due the 24th so she made a late arrival but she was totally worth the wait! I woke up around 3:30 am on the 26th with terrible cramping. I really wasn't convinced that they were contractions since I wasn't sure what they were supposed to feel like. I called the doctor at 5:00 am to see what she thought. She said if you can wait until 8 when the office opens you can come in and we will put you on the monitor or if you can't wait until then, go ahead and go to the hospital. Well, I waited a little longer and they weren't letting up. Jason and I made the decision to go ahead and go the hospital since we live about an hour away and it was about to be rush hour traffic.

When we made it to the hospital, I was 4 cm and 75% effaced! I labored without any pain medication for about 15 hours. When the doctor came in and said, well you are still at 7 cm (after being at that for 4 hours), I was like "give me the epidural!" I got the epidural and just 4 hours later our precious angel was born!

On the day we were to take Evelyn home, she had a large bloody stool so she had to go to the intermediate care unit for a few days to figure out the cause. We were scared to death, but it ended up that she swallowed some of my blood during delivery and just passed it.

We have enjoyed every moment with her this last month! It is amazing how quickly they grow and develop! I am excited for the future with her and Jason and can't imagine life without her!

No comments: